- Kevin Fischer, Generation of pulsed quantum light, Ph.D. Dissertation, August 2018.
- Yousif Kelaita, New platforms for the generation and extraction of single photons, Ph.D. Dissertation, August 2018.
- Alexander Piggott, Automated design of photonic devices, Ph.D. Dissertation, June 2018.
- Marina Radulaski, Silicon carbide and color center quantum photonics, Ph.D. Dissertation, March 2017.
- Jan Petykiewicz, Active nanophotonics: inverse design and strained germanium light emitters, Ph.D. Dissertation, March 2016.
- Armand Rundquist, On-chip generation of non-classical states of light via quantum dots coupled to photonic crystal nanocavities, Ph.D. Dissertation, June 2015.
- Sonia Buckley, Engineering photonic crystal cavities in III-V semiconductors for χ(2) frequency conversion, Ph.D. Dissertation, July 2014
- Jesse Lu, Nanophotonic Computational Design, Ph.D. Dissertation, June 2013.
- Gary Shambat, From solid state to soft matter: Photonic nanocavities as advanced optoelectronic devices and single-cell biomedical probes, Ph.D. dissertation, May 2012.
- Arka Majumdar, Solid state cavity quantum electrodynamics with quantum dots coupled to photonic crystal cavities, Ph.D. dissertation, August 2012.
- Kelley Rivoire, Nonlinear frequency conversion in III-V semiconductor photonic crystals, Ph.D. dissertation, March 2012.
- Bryan Ellis, Ultralow threshold electrically pumped photonic crystal lasers, Ph.D. dissertation, February 2012.
- Yiyang Gong, Silicon-based photonic, plasmonic, and optomechanic devices, Ph.D. dissertation, December 2010.
- Maria Makarova, Silicon Based Photonic Crystal Light Sources, Ph.D. dissertation, March 2010.
- Andrei Faraon, Locally Controlled Photonic Crystal Devices With Coupled Quantum Dots: Physics and Applications, Ph.D. dissertation, August 2009.
- Ilya Fushman, Quantum Dots in Photonic Crystals: From Quantum Information Processing to Single Photon Nonlinear Optics, Ph.D. dissertation, December 2008.
- Dirk Englund, Photonic Crystals for Quantum and Classical Information Processing, Ph.D. dissertation, July 2008.
- Hatice Altug, Physics and Applications of Photonic Crystal Nanocavities, Ph.D. dissertation, December 2006.
- Joel Goh, Design of Photonic Crystal Cavities by Genetic Algorithms and Numerical Optimization Techniques, Senior thesis, 2006.
- Benedikt Stein, Stimulated Raman Scattering in Silicon Coupled Photonic Crystal Microcavity Arrays, 2006.