Skip to content
Skip to navigation
Patents and Technology
- Spins - Inverse design software for nanophotonic structures
- US Patent No.9,595,812: "Crossed Nanobeam Structure for a Low-Threshold Germanium Laser," Donguk Nam, Jan A. Petykiewicz, Devanand S. Sukhdeo, Shashank Gupta, Jelena Vuckovic, and Krishna C. Saraswat, issued March 14, 2017
- US Patent No.9,588,254: "Optical Fibers Functionalized with Photonic Crystal Resonant Optical Structures," Gary Shambat, Jelena Vuckovic, issued March 7, 2017
- US Patent No.9,310,352: "Biological cell nanocavity probes," Gary Shambat, Jelena Vuckovic, issued April 12, 2016
- US Patent No.8,829,638: "An ultrafast photonic crystal cavity single-mode light-emitting diode," Gary Shambat, Bryan Ellis, Jelena Vuckovic, issued Sept. 9, 2014
- US Patent No.8,471,352: "A practical electrically pumped photonic crystal nanocavity," Bryan Ellis, Ilya Fushman, Jelena Vuckovic, issued Jun. 25, 2013
- US Patent No.8,355,606: "Ultrafast, ultralow threshold single emitter optical switch", D. Englund, I. Fushman, A. Faraon, and J. Vuckovic, issued Feb. 2013.
- US Patent No.7,994,467: "Optical Cavity Emitter Arrangements With Spectral Alignment And Methods Therefor", A. Faraon, I. Fushman, D. Englund, and J. Vuckovic, issued Aug. 9, 2011.
- US Patent No.7,848,603: "Optical switching based on dipole induced transparency", E. Waks and J. Vuckovic, issued Dec. 7 2010.
- US patent No.7,630,604: "Dipole induced transparency in photonic crystal cavity-waveguide system", E. Waks and J. Vuckovic, issued Dec. 2009.
- US patent No.7,292,613: "Half-Wavelength Micropost Microcavity with Electric Field Maximum in the High-Refractive Index Region", J. Vuckovic and Y. Yamamoto, issued on Nov. 6, 2007.
- US patent No.7,206,488: "Coupled photonic crystal resonator array arrangements and applications", H. Altug and J. Vuckovic, issued on April 17, 2007.
- US patent No.6,466,709:"Photonic crystal microcavities for strong coupling between an atom and the cavity field", A. Scherer, J. Vuckovic, M. Loncar and H. Mabuchi.
- US patent No.6,515,292: "High resolution electron projection", A. Scherer and J. Vuckovic.
- US patent No.6,534,798: "Surface plasmon enhanced LED and the method of operation of the same", A. Scherer, J. Vuckovic and M. Loncar.
- US patent No. 6,944,384: "Methods for controlling positions of guided modes of the photonic crystal waveguides", M. Loncar, J. Vuckovic and A. Scherer.