The Vuckovic group investigates optics and light manipulation at the nanoscale. Harnessing developments in the semiconductor industry, we engineer platforms that both probe fundamental science and hold promise for future information technologies. Of paramount interest is studying solid-state quantum emitters, such as quantum dots and defect centers in diamond, and their interactions with light. Furthermore, we are transforming conventional nanophotonics with the concept of inverse design, where we design arbitrary optical devices from scratch using computer algorithms with little to no human input. Through these efforts we aim to enable a wide variety of technologies ranging from silicon photonics to quantum computing.
SiC Two Emitter Cavity QED
Lukin, Guidry, Yang, Mishra, et al. demonstrate multi-emitter cavity QED on a 4H-SiC photonics platform.
Integrated Passive Nonlinear Optical Isolators
White, Ahn et al. demonstrate an on-chip passive optical isolator in silicon nitride. Featured in Stanford News.
Quantum Photonic Interface for Tin-Vacancy Centers in Diamond
Rugar, Aghaeimeibodi, Riedel et al. show Purcell enhancement of tin-vacancy centers in diamond.
Electrical Tuning of Tin-Vacancy Centers in Diamond
Aghaeimeibodi, Riedel, Rugar, et al. demonstrate Stark tuning of tin-vacancy centers in diamond.
Narrow-Linewidth Tin-Vacancy Centers in a Diamond Waveguide
Rugar, Dory, Aghaeimeibodi, et al. show narrow linewidth Tin-vacancy centers in diamond waveguides.
On-Chip Particle Accelerator
Vuckovic lab and ACHIP collaboration demonstrate first waveguide-integrated particle accelerator
- White, Ahn, et al. publish 'Integrated passive nonlinear optical isolators' in Nature Photonics and are featured on Stanford News.(12/01/2022)
- Jelena awarded the 2023 Gregory Frew Fellowship from Australian Academy of Sciences. (12/01/2022)
- Chris awarded a 2022 Quantum Creators Prize from the Chicago Quantum Exchange. (11/14/2022)
- Best wishes to our postdocs Daniel Riedel and Kiyoul Yang as they head to Cambridge, MA to work at AWS and Harvard, respectively. (11/11/2022)
- Eric and Chris are awarded IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. (10/06/2022)
- Welcome to Hannah, Abby, Zelong and Yujia, for their fall quarter rotations with our group! (09/15/2022)
For even more updates, follow the Vuckovic Lab on Twitter @StanfordPhoton1!